What’s better than a bowl of porridge for breakfast? A warm bowl of baked porridge!
Cooler weather ushers in baking season — and we loving baking up this comforting, heartwarming and yummy Pumpkin Baked Porridge.
What gets us so pumped up about this recipe? For starters, it tastes just like autumn! The Golden Mellow mix contains classic seasonal spices, like cinnamon and ginger. Bonus: This mix will leave you feeling more calm and relaxed too thanks to the adaptogens and Ayurvedic herbs it contains.
You’ll also get a healthy serving of plant-based protein thanks to our Plant Protein mix.
You could easily serve this Pumpkin Baked Porridge as a healthy alternative to pumpkin pie. For a more indulgent option, serve topped with coconut cream or vegan yogurt!
Pumpkin baked porridge
SERVES 4 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
- 2 tbsp Plant Protein mix
- 1 tsp Golden Mellow mix
- 300ml plant-based milk
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 60ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g oats
- 3 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
- 70g pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and set aside an oven-safe baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the plant-based milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, Plant Protein, Golden Mellow, spices (if using) and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients to combine.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.