Let’s talk about the most important meal of the day.
There are mornings you wake up and just want something quick – hellllo smoothies! But on the days you want something hearty and worth savouring, that calls for our vegan breakfast hash.
This flavourful dish combines satiating potatoes, nourishing veggies and mushrooms – no eggs needed!
In addition to spinach, this breakfast hash gets an extra top-up of greens from our Super Green mix. Just one teaspoon contains 6 powerful green superfoods, ideal to sneak more greens and fibres in your daily diet.
This recipe would also make a great breakfast burrito filling!
SERVES 2 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
- 1 tsp Super Green mix
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ zucchini, diced
- 45g mushrooms, sliced
- 15g fresh spinach
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 tbsp of oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer and bake until potatoes are crispy and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet, then add the onions, bell peppers, zucchini and mushrooms and sauté until soft.
- Add the beans, spinach and spices and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take off the heat, stir in the potatoes and Super Green mix and serve warm.
💚 Super Tip: Add 1 can of black beans for more plant-based protein.
More Breakfast Recipes:Vegan Breakfast Tacos
Berry Chia Pudding